The only thing more delicious than a doughnut is a free doughnut.
On June 1 (aka National Doughnut Day), Dunkin’ Donuts is welcoming summer in the sweetest way possible by offering guests one free classic doughnut with the purchase of any beverage.
What are the options? We’re glad you asked. The can’t-miss freebie includes a variety of customer favorites. Guests can choose from classics like Glazed Chocolate, Glazed, Boston Kreme, and Strawberry Frosted with Sprinkles.
To make things even sweeter, Dunkin’ Donuts released two brand-new specialty doughnuts — the Vanilla Cake Batter Donut and the Chocolate Cake Batter Donut — on Monday, May 28.
According to a company press release, the new Vanilla Cake Batter Donut features a vanilla-flavored cake batter filling and is frosted with white icing and topped with confetti sprinkles, whereas the Chocolate Cake Batter Donut is filled with (you guessed it!) chocolate buttercreme filling, frosted with chocolate icing, and topped with confetti sprinkles.
But wait, there’s more. Select Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will be rolling out a third specialty doughnut called the Sweet Summertime Donut, which will feature a sunshine design with blue icing, yellow icing drizzle, and a Glazed Old Fashioned Munchkins doughnut hole treat placed smack-dab in the center. Talk about a sugar rush!
In addition, participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will feature a doughnut case full of newly-named doughnuts decorated with summer-inspired designs, including:
- Confetti Craze: A chocolate frosted doughnut topped with confetti sprinkles.
- Party On: A vanilla frosted doughnut covered in blue icing and confetti sprinkles.
- Strawberry Spectacular: A strawberry frosted doughnut topped with confetti sprinkles.
- Chocolate Madness: A chocolate cake doughnut topped with chocolate dipping icing and a blue icing drizzle.
- Boston Kreme Bash: A classic filled doughnut with Bavarian creme filling, frosted with chocolate dipping icing, and a blue icing drizzle.
Sounds like we’re going to need a bigger box! Which flavor will you be trying? Let us know in the comments section below.